Definition and Meanings for spray
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Spray is ranked 5,133 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of spray
noun, transitive verb
Etymology of spray
Meaning of spray
- a small shoot or branch; a twig.
- a collective body of small branches, or cut flowers with long stems; as, the tree has a beautiful spray; many sprays were sent in condolence to teh funeral home.
- a side channel or branch of the runner of a flask, made to distribute the metal in all parts of the mold.;a group of castings made in the same mold and connected by sprues formed in the runner and its branches.
as noun, transitive verb
- water flying in small drops or particles, as by the force of wind, or the dashing of waves, or from a waterfall, and the like.
- a jet of fine medicated vapor, used either as an application to a diseased part or to charge the air of a room with a disinfectant or a deodorizer.;an instrument for applying such a spray; an atomizer.
as transitive verb
- to let fall in the form of spray.
- to throw spray upon; to treat with a liquid in the form of spray; as, to spray a wound, or a surgical instrument, with carbolic acid.