Definition and Meanings for streak
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Streak is ranked 10,266 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of streak
transitive verb, noun, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun
Etymology of streak
Meaning of streak
as transitive verb
- to stretch; to extend; hence, to lay out, as a dead body.
as noun, noun
- a line or long mark of a different color from the ground; a stripe; a vein.
- a strake.
- the fine powder or mark yielded by a mineral when scratched or rubbed against a harder surface, the color of which is sometimes a distinguishing character.
- the rung or round of a ladder.
as transitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun
- to form streaks or stripes in or on; to stripe; to variegate with lines of a different color, or of different colors.
- with it as an object: to run swiftly.