Definition and Meanings for substantial
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Substantial is ranked 2,560 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of substantial
Etymology of substantial
Meaning of substantial
- belonging to substance; actually existing; real; as, substantial life.
- not seeming or imaginary; not illusive; real; solid; true; veritable.
- corporeal; material; firm.
- having good substance; strong; stout; solid; firm; as, substantial cloth; a substantial fence or wall.
- possessed of goods or an estate; moderately wealthy; responsible; as, a substantial freeholder.