Definition and Meanings for sweeted
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Sweeted is ranked 10,257 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of sweeted
adjective, comparative, superlative, noun, adverb, transitive verb
Etymology of sweeted
Meaning of sweeted
as adjective, comparative, superlative
- having an agreeable taste or flavor such as that of sugar; saccharine; -- opposed to sour and bitter; as, a sweet beverage; sweet fruits; sweet oranges.
- pleasing to the smell; fragrant; redolent; balmy; as, a sweet rose; sweet odor; sweet incense.
- pleasing to the ear; soft; melodious; harmonious; as, the sweet notes of a flute or an organ; sweet music; a sweet voice; a sweet singer.
- pleasing to the eye; beautiful; mild and attractive; fair; as, a sweet face; a sweet color or complexion.
- fresh; not salt or brackish; as, sweet water.
- not changed from a sound or wholesome state. specifically: (a) not sour; as, sweet milk or bread. (b) not state; not putrescent or putrid; not rancid; as, sweet butter; sweet meat or fish.
- plaesing to the mind; mild; gentle; calm; amiable; winning; presuasive; as, sweet manners.
- that which is sweet to the taste; -- used chiefly in the plural.;confectionery, sweetmeats, preserves, etc.;home-made wines, cordials, metheglin, etc.
- that which is sweet or pleasant in odor; a perfume.
- that which is pleasing or grateful to the mind; as, the sweets of domestic life.
- one who is dear to another; a darling; -- a term of endearment.
as transitive verb
- to sweeten.