Definition and Meanings for swifted
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Swifted is ranked 6,722 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of swifted
adjective, comparative, superlative, intransitive verb, adverb, noun
Etymology of swifted
Meaning of swifted
as adjective, comparative, superlative, intransitive verb
- moving a great distance in a short time; moving with celerity or velocity; fleet; rapid; quick; speedy; prompt.
- of short continuance; passing away quickly.
- the current of a stream.
- any one of numerous species of small, long-winged, insectivorous birds of the family micropodidae. in form and habits the swifts resemble swallows, but they are destitute of complex vocal muscles and are not singing birds, but belong to a widely different group allied to the humming birds.
- any one of several species of lizards, as the pine lizard.
- the ghost moth. see under ghost.
- a reel, or turning instrument, for winding yarn, thread, etc.; -- used chiefly in the plural.
- the main card cylinder of a flax-carding machine.