Definition and Meanings for switcher
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Switcher is ranked 4,012 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of switcher
noun, transitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun, intransitive verb
Etymology of switcher
Meaning of switcher
- a small, flexible twig or rod.
- a movable part of a rail; or of opposite rails, for transferring cars from one track to another.
- a separate mass or trees of hair, or of some substance (at jute) made to resemble hair, worn on the head by women.
- a device for shifting an electric current to another circuit, or for making and breaking a circuit.
as transitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun
- to strike with a switch or small flexible rod; to whip.
- to swing or whisk; as, to switch a cane.
- to trim, as, a hedge.
- to turn from one railway track to another; to transfer by a switch; -- generally with off, from, etc.; as, to switch off a train; to switch a car from one track to another.
- to shift to another circuit.
as intransitive verb
- to walk with a jerk.