Definition and Meanings for task
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Task is ranked 24,114 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of task
noun, verb, transitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun
Etymology of task
Meaning of task
as noun, noun, verb
- labor or study imposed by another, often in a definite quantity or amount.
- business; employment; undertaking; labor.
as transitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun
- to impose a task upon; to assign a definite amount of business, labor, or duty to.
- to oppress with severe or excessive burdens; to tax.
- to charge; to tax, as with a fault.