Definition and Meanings for undergo
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Undergo is ranked 3,160 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of undergo
transitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun
Etymology of undergo
Meaning of undergo
as transitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun
- to go or move below or under.
- to be subjected to; to bear up against; to pass through; to endure; to suffer; to sustain; as, to undergo toil and fatigue; to undergo pain, grief, or anxiety; to undergothe operation of amputation; food in the stomach undergoes the process of digestion.
- to be the bearer of; to possess.
- to undertake; to engage in; to hazard.
- to be subject or amenable to; to underlie.