Definition and Meanings for vacancy
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Vacancy is ranked 10,523 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of vacancy
Etymology of vacancy
Meaning of vacancy
- the quality or state of being vacant; emptiness; hence, freedom from employment; intermission; leisure; idleness; listlessness.
- that which is vacant.
- empty space; vacuity; vacuum.
- an open or unoccupied space between bodies or things; an interruption of continuity; chasm; gap; as, a vacancy between buildings; a vacancy between sentences or thoughts.
- unemployed time; interval of leisure; time of intermission; vacation.
- a place or post unfilled; an unoccupied office; as, a vacancy in the senate, in a school, etc.