Definition and Meanings for vicious
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Vicious is ranked 6,330 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of vicious
adjective, adverb, noun
Etymology of vicious
Meaning of vicious
- characterized by vice or defects; defective; faulty; imperfect.
- addicted to vice; corrupt in principles or conduct; depraved; wicked; as, vicious children; vicious examples; vicious conduct.
- wanting purity; foul; bad; noxious; as, vicious air, water, etc.
- not correct or pure; corrupt; as, vicious language; vicious idioms.
- not well tamed or broken; given to bad tricks; unruly; refractory; as, a vicious horse.
- bitter; spiteful; malignant.