Definition and Meanings for violation
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Violation is ranked 2,887 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of violation
Etymology of violation
Meaning of violation
- the act of violating, treating with violence, or injuring; the state of being violated.
- infringement; transgression; nonobservance; as, the violation of law or positive command, of covenants, promises, etc.
- an act of irreverence or desecration; profanation or contemptuous treatment of sacred things; as, the violation of a church.
- interruption, as of sleep or peace; disturbance.
- ravishment; rape; outrage.