Definition and Meanings for virgined
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Virgined is ranked 10,288 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of virgined
noun, adjective, intransitive verb
Etymology of virgined
Meaning of virgined
- a woman who has had no carnal knowledge of man; a maid.
- a person of the male sex who has not known sexual indulgence.
- see virgo.
- any one of several species of gossamer-winged butterflies of the family lycaenidae.
- a female insect producing eggs from which young are hatched, though there has been no fecundation by a male; a parthenogenetic insect.
- being a virgin; chaste; of or pertaining to a virgin; becoming a virgin; maidenly; modest; indicating modesty; as, a virgin blush.
- pure; undefiled; unmixed; fresh; new; as, virgin soil; virgin gold.
- not yet pregnant; impregnant.
as intransitive verb
- to act the virgin; to be or keep chaste; -- followed by it. see it, 5.