Definition and Meanings for virtuous
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Virtuous is ranked 12,756 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of virtuous
adjective, adverb, noun
Etymology of virtuous
Meaning of virtuous
- possessing or exhibiting virtue.
- exhibiting manly courage and strength; valorous; valiant; brave.
- having power or efficacy; powerfully operative; efficacious; potent.
- having moral excellence; characterized by morality; upright; righteous; pure; as, a virtuous action.
- chaste; pure; -- applied especially to women.