Definition and Meanings for wane
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Wane is ranked 22,910 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of wane
intransitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun, transitive verb, noun
Etymology of wane
Meaning of wane
as intransitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun
- to be diminished; to decrease; -- contrasted with wax, and especially applied to the illuminated part of the moon.
- to decline; to fail; to sink.
as transitive verb
- to cause to decrease.
- the decrease of the illuminated part of the moon to the eye of a spectator.
- decline; failure; diminution; decrease; declension.
- an inequality in a board.
- the natural curvature of a log or of the edge of a board sawed from a log.