Definition and Meanings for yet
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Yet is ranked 275 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of yet
noun, adverb, conjunction
Etymology of yet
Meaning of yet
- any one of several species of large marine gastropods belonging to the genus yetus, or cymba; a boat shell.
- in addition; further; besides; over and above; still.
- at the same time; by continuance from a former state; still.
- up to the present time; thus far; hitherto; until now; -- and with the negative, not yet, not up to the present time; not as soon as now; as, is it time to go? not yet. see as yet, under as, conj.
- before some future time; before the end; eventually; in time.
- even; -- used emphatically.
- nevertheless; notwithstanding; however.